Monday, February 1, 2016

We’re not in Atlanta any more


I moved from Grant Park in Atlanta Georgia, to Winter Park in Orlando Florida. The transition was sudden but the timing was perfect. My fiancé and I both found jobs at the same time in the same city. My new art teaching job is at a school called Lake Como Elementary. It’s a pre-k to 5th grade program. There are only 250 students at the whole school- this is compared to 800 at my old school. The class sizes are super small-17 is the average. The school day is about 2 hours shorter than where I came from, so I’ve gotten to “sleep in” (5:30am alarm was changed to 6:00am) It’s an outdoor school as well. The administration is very accommodating and all the staff is super friendly. If you thought Georgians had southern hospitality, the Floridians are shouldn’t be overlooked!
And I inherited some super cool art supplies from the previous teachers (including Legos, a circle cutter, and a smart board). All in all I’d say this might just be my dream school.


Here are some pictures of my new classroom!



 My Wall of Standards and Student Objectives
 Table Layout
 Above my tables are Angry Birds, which mark the table colors
  Above my tables are Angry Birds, which mark the table colors
  Above my tables are Angry Birds, which mark the table colors
  This is how I keep my grade level projects organized
My cute little trailer from the outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment