Sunday, May 26, 2013

Arriving in India


After one delay, two layovers, three connecting flights and about 48 hours... I finally made it to India! I was a journey just to get here... I got stuck in the Bangalore airport. And then the Indian TSA pulled me aside because my suite case was suspicious. It was because was carrying a gallon of glue and 5 containers of powder tempera. I was super nervous; they canceled my ticket and took me downstairs to search my belongings. When I opened my bag, and they inspected everything, and saw that it was all non-toxic I kind of had to chuckle to myself. I mean, I can totally see how a gallon of Elmer’s and powder paint would look suspicion on an x-ray…like bomb-building supplies or something. Luckily everything worked out and I was able to catch my flight to Chennai 5 minutes before the plane left. When I got to RSO, I immediately went to Mamallapuram with the other long-term volunteers. They are really cool and I look forward to spending the next 3 months with them. I am also looking forward to the kids arriving! I can’t wait to do art with them. Here are some photos from the past two days.













1 comment:

  1. WOW!! It looks like you will be surrounded by beauty, some neat ruins/cultural things, and Canada's No. 1 Smoothie Brand.

    You WOULD get searched for having sketchy art supplies lol.

    ReplyDelete